I am delighted to announce the publication of B/X Essentials: Classes and Equipment!
This is the second book in the B/X Essentials series, and contains the rules for the standard seven character classes (cleric, dwarf, elf, fighter, halfling, magic-user, thief) and equipment from weapons, armour, and ten foot poles all the way up to mounts, sea vessels, and castles!
- Illustrated, laid out PDF edition. For tablets or home-printing.
- Plain text edition (RTF). For rules tinkering.
- Google docs edition. For online reference / further rules tinkering.
I shall be starting the print setup process forthwith! Print editions (and the print / PDF bundle) expected to go live in the next two weeks.
Note: unlike with the previous book in this series, people who buy the PDF now will not receive a discount coupon for the print / PDF bundle. This is due to limitations of the OBS coupons system. If you want the print / PDF bundle, please be patient. It should be out in a couple of weeks.
The guiding principles of this series are:
- Basic and Expert rules seamlessly combined.
- Streamlined presentation optimised for ease of reference during play.
- Meticulously researched; a guaranteed 100% accurate rendition of the classic rules of yesteryear.
- Carefully clarified, ironing out ambiguities in the original rules.